logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
darkery  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2012 7:11:53 PM(UTC)
darkery

Groups: Registered

so in the last week ive seen a number of errors sporadically popping up

GetDeparturesByStop
the output has changed because im getting data but something is different because my app is broken on certain stops
but on some stops it works fine
basically any stop that the 22 13 or 7 go past is broken
but the parts along green st where only the 5 goes are fine
did you change the routenames? because that could definitely cause the error im seeing
what is this field that was changed that was mentioned the other day???????

GetStopTimesByStop
is returning empty arrays on all the stops ive tried

these errors started showing up before the switch over to the summer schedule but are way more frequent now

please update us on any changes made
Maurice  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2012 8:34:30 PM(UTC)
Maurice

I noticed that there are a lot of null's in the response. You might want to check if that is breaking your app.
GetStopTimesByStop return nulls in 2.0 but not 2.1, so you might want to look at that too.

MTD please fix this :)

Edited by user Tuesday, May 15, 2012 8:35:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Ryan  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 16, 2012 1:45:21 PM(UTC)
Ryan

Groups: Administrators, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
darkery: Do you know what field in GetDeparturesByStop is breaking your app? We did just go into summer service so some of the trips, etc. have changed but the structure of the response should definitely not have changed. It is totally possible that information in the route object (e.g. route_long_name, route_short_name, etc.) could change and your app should allow for that. That being said, I don't think any route information changed with the summer service update.

The field that was changed the other day that was breaking the API is not a field we share through the API directly, but something on the back-end. Regardless, that change has been reverted and things should be exactly the same as they have always been.

Maurice:
Can you post an example of a request and response that is giving you null values? Is it on GetDeparturesByStop or GetStopTimesByStop? I'm looking through some requests and things seem to be working fine.

Thanks both of you for helping us track down these issues.

Ryan
Maurice  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 16, 2012 1:54:10 PM(UTC)
Maurice

When I do a call on http://developer.cumtd.c...t;key>&stop_id=IU

Quote:
{"changeset_id":"848A89835EEA0E429486B74ABE3732E6","time":"2012-05-16T14:47:09-05:00","status":{"code":200,"msg":"ok"},"stop_times":[{"arrival_time":"05:25:20","departure_time":"05:25:20","stop_id":null,"stop_sequence":"3","trip":null},{"arrival_time":"05:25:20","departure_time":"05:25:20","stop_id":null,"stop_sequence":"3","trip":null},{"arrival_time":"05:51:00","departure_time":"05:51:00","stop_id":null,"stop_sequence":"0","trip":null},{"arrival_time":"05:51:00","departure_time":"05:51:00","stop_id":null,"stop_sequence":"1","trip":null},{"arrival_time":"05:59:00","departure_time":"05:59:00","stop_id":null,"stop_sequence":"9","trip":null}, ...

I also had some null values in GetDeparturesByStop in the trip object, but now they are gone, so that might just be a transient problem.
Ryan  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, May 16, 2012 2:37:21 PM(UTC)
Ryan

United States

GetStopTimesByStop should be working as expected in both v2.0 and v2.1. I'm guessing that your issues with GetDeparturesByStop probably had to do with the summer service change and should be resolved now. If you see them again definitely let us know.
darkery  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, May 16, 2012 7:44:51 PM(UTC)
darkery

yes maurice the problem was with nulls
"trip":{"trip_id":null,"trip_headsign":null,"route_id":null,"block_id":null,"direction":null,"service_id":null,"shape_id":null}

oddly enough the trip object was fine for some routes like the green but null filled on some like the silver all in the same json request

but as i said these issues were happening over a week ago and have been appearing and disappearing inconsistently throughout the day.
right now this second both methods are working.
darkery  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, May 29, 2012 1:12:50 PM(UTC)
darkery

it is doing it (giving a bunch of nulls) again right now
here is an offender:
{"stop_id":"LSE:8","headsign":"10W GoldHOPPER","route":{"route_color":"c5972e","route_id":"GOLDHOPPER","route_long_name":"Goldhopper","route_short_name":"10","route_text_color":"000000"},"trip":{"trip_id":null,"trip_headsign":null,"route_id":null,"block_id":null,"direction":null,"service_id":null,"shape_id":null},"vehicle_id":"1168","origin":{"stop_id":"LSE:8"},"destination":{"stop_id":"E14:2"},"is_monitored":true,"is_scheduled":true,"scheduled":"2012-05-29T14:10:00-05:00","expected":"2012-05-29T14:15:46-05:00","expected_mins":10,"location":{"lat":40.112797,"lon":-88.222833}}

edit: it looks like every trip for bus 1168 is filled with nulls today but other golds are fine. this is what happened before, one bus(or trip)'s unexpected nulls bring my code to a stop. if i cant get the trip direction the data is useless.

Edited by user Tuesday, May 29, 2012 6:13:00 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Ryan  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, May 30, 2012 3:14:18 PM(UTC)
Ryan

United States

Thanks for the info. I've verified the problem, but unfortunately it seems to be a problem further up the chain with our data provider. We've opened up a ticket with them and should hopefully have it resolved soon. If you continue to see issues please don't hesitate to post them. Any extra troubleshooting info should help.