logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
James  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 29, 2012 10:01:24 AM(UTC)
James

Groups: Registered
United States

Hi,

I noticed that some departure objects do not have trips. For example I got this as one of the departure objects-

02-29 09:53:13.928: I/System.out(452): {"stop_id":"PAR:2","expected":"2012-02-29T10:28:00-06:00","scheduled":"2012-02-29T10:28:00-06:00","location":{"lon":-88.234167,"lat":40.116407},"route":{"route_text_color":"ffffff","route_color":"600055","route_long_name":"Illini","route_id":"ILLINI","route_short_name":"22"},"headsign":"22N Illini","expected_mins":34,"origin":{"stop_id":"PAR:2"},"is_scheduled":false,"is_monitored":false,"vehicle_id":"9656","destination":{"stop_id":"LNCLNKLRNY:1"}}

I noticed is_scheduled and is_monitored are equal to false. What does this mean and is that supposed to happen. I thought all of the departure objects were suppose to have a trip object. If you could get back to me soon that would be great because its really messing up my app. Also this doesn't happen all the time just sometimes during the day.

Thanks!

James
James  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 29, 2012 5:53:04 PM(UTC)
James

Groups: Registered
United States

I was able to compensate for it in my app, but I'm still curious about why some departures are like that.
Sean  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 29, 2012 5:57:43 PM(UTC)
Sean

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Sorry for the confusion! We definitely need to be more clear about this in the documentation.

To provide more on-time service to our riders, we use what we call "turn buses". As you pointed out, this is not a scheduled trip and is therefore not apart of the actual schedule and has no trip_id. We might be able to get a shape_id and direction for the trip, but trip_id, block_id, and service_id don't exist for these types of trips. We'll have to look into this further, but the current behavior is expected and should be accounted for. Glad you got it working on your end.