logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
James  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 8, 2012 7:09:52 PM(UTC)
James

Groups: Registered
United States

Hi!

I was testing this function out and my problem is with how the itineraries were ranked. The first two itineraries were the exact same (boarding the silver and debarking at transit plaza) however one bus departs at 7:26 while the bus in the other itinerary departs at 7:02. The first itinerary with the bus leaving much later at 7:26 was ranked first because it had a travel time that was one minute shorter than the other. I would rather have the other itinerary with the bus departing earlier ranked first since the person would arrive at their destination much earlier. So I guess my question is can you rank the itineraries based on the the earliest time the person will arrive at their destination instead of just total travel time. I tried it out using the trip planner on your website and it also does the same thing. Thanks!
Sean  
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 9, 2012 8:21:39 AM(UTC)
Sean

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Could you give us the parameters you used to plan the trip? We're having some discussion about the trip planner and an example of your problem would help. Thanks!
James  
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 9, 2012 11:44:33 AM(UTC)
James

Groups: Registered
United States

Ok, this is for a different stop but it's the same problem -
http://developer.cumtd.c...lannedTripsByLatLon?key=
[key]&origin_lat=40.09949&origin_lon=-88.2204&destination_lat=40.110568&destination_lon=-88.225412&minimize=time&max_walk=.3

Below (if the image shows up) is when I used your trip planner with similar parameters showing the same problem. Basically the itinerary with the soonest arrival time isn't ranked first because it has a longer travel time.

UserPostedImage

Thanks!
Ryan  
#4 Posted : Thursday, February 9, 2012 12:37:23 PM(UTC)
Ryan

Groups: Administrators, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
We're currently having an internal discussion about how best to rank itineraries for the API and the website. Once we come to a decision I'll be sure to let you know here.