logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Benjamin  
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 10, 2011 6:19:43 PM(UTC)
Benjamin

Groups: Registered

Hi,

I'd like to get the departures for a stop using departures.getListByStop and show the user how soon the buses will arrive. Would it be possible for departures.getListByStop to include a "current time" string showing the current time according to the server? This would make it really easy for me to ensure that I'm showing my users the correct departure times. (Right now I have to worry about the user's computer's clock being off, and even though I can get around that, what if the MTD's times are actually a little bit off? And what happens during daylight saving changes? Having the server's time reported right with the expected time would be great.)

Thanks for a useful API! I hope to release a small product soon.

Benjamin
Ryan  
#2 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2011 7:18:16 AM(UTC)
Ryan

Groups: Administrators, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Great idea! We are currently planning several new features for the next version of the API, but this is definitely something we will look at adding.

Glad to hear you are using the API. We are looking forward to seeing how people use it!

Edited by user Monday, July 11, 2011 7:22:22 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Islam  
#3 Posted : Monday, November 14, 2011 10:05:19 PM(UTC)
Islam

I came for this too, I made the android mtd app, and am going to push out an update a week or so after thanksgiving, would rather not depend on the phone time :/
Ryan  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 15, 2011 8:09:50 AM(UTC)
Ryan

United States

We are putting the finishing touches on the next version of the API. It should address this issue as well as introduce some cool new features. We are currently in the testing phase and are hoping to release within a week.

Edited by user Tuesday, November 15, 2011 1:59:09 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Islam  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, November 15, 2011 1:47:42 PM(UTC)
Islam

Sounds awesome :)

Is there anyway to get sample output / spec so I can begin dev for it? I saw the 1.1 proposed changes, but didn't know how close those where.

Of course, this is with the understanding that it's not finished until it's finished, and could change :)
Ryan  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, November 15, 2011 1:58:34 PM(UTC)
Ryan

United States

We're not yet at the point where we feel comfortable releasing sample output for the new version. However, in response to the specific question about the server time, it will be a part of the rsp root object and will be a part of the response for every method. So, for example:

Code:
<rsp xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" time="2011-10-06T15:53:35-05:00">

Hope this helps and again, we should have the new version documented and ready for release within a week. Thanks for your patience.
Benjamin  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, November 15, 2011 2:14:37 PM(UTC)
Benjamin

Sounds awesome! Thanks Ryan!