logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Benjamin  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 15, 2011 2:22:23 PM(UTC)
Benjamin

Groups: Registered

Hi,

It would be nice if the GTFS RSS feed included a short summary of what has changed (so that I can easily see whether or not the change affects my application).

Cheers,

Benjamin
Sean  
#2 Posted : Monday, August 15, 2011 2:32:00 PM(UTC)
Sean

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Well typically any changes in the GTFS feed are changes to the routes themselves, but tracking all of the changes would be extremely tedious. This fall we've changed the Yellow, Red, and Blue and added the Lime and Plum. I would expect a lot of other changes as well since it's the beginning of the new service year.
Benjamin  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2011 3:33:20 PM(UTC)
Benjamin

OK. I only care about stops being added or removed, which I guess probably isn’t going to happen in the middle of a service year anyway :-)
Sean  
#4 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2011 10:23:18 AM(UTC)
Sean

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Typically, we do not change any stops in the middle of the service year. However, we do occasionally consolidate two stops into one during the year. Is there a specific problem I might be able to help you with? Are you storing information associated with the stops or something?
Benjamin  
#5 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2011 1:25:20 PM(UTC)
Benjamin

My application includes a static list of stops—a tweaked version of the routes.getList output. Using a static version prevents a bunch of unnecessary API calls, since the list changes so infrequently, and it also gives me the opportunity to structure the data in a more useful format. The only problem with this is that if a new stop is added (or if one is removed), I need to rebuild my list and ship a new version of my application before users can see the new stop. That’s why I’m interested to know what’s changed each time a new GTFS data set comes out.